Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Past

It's been nearly a year I've been waiting for Christmas to come. The day my son was  born I was so excited. Now nearly eleven months old he experienced his first Christmas. I was experiencing ulcers on the 25th he was fine and ready, he opened 5 gifts and left the rest to me. Although he can walk he received 3 walkers, what a joy. The sad part about Christmas is when it comes to sort through the toys. I don't want to insult someones gift by putting it away, but my living room is only so big. Christmas was definitely not what I was expecting, the tree was trimmed and white lights were hung around the house, music and Christmas cheer flooded the house and numerous Santas stalked people at every corner. My favorite of my three gifts this year is my coffee machine, that was bought by my ex/ baby's daddy. Although this year was fun, I was wondering. Why do kids seemed so scared of Old St-Nick? They become scared even before they hear of the tails of him creeping through the chimney and watching you while you sleep. Is it because of the weight issue? The non-grooming of facial hair? Or, perhaps they have a similar sense of danger like dogs have?  We will perhaps never know.

Happy holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment